Friday, January 4, 2013

Family Fun - Week One

Our New Year's resolution was to do at least one family activity or outing, just the five of us, every week this year. This is week 1 of family fun.

For our first family fun, we went trampolining at Airborne Trampoline. The kids and I have been there before, but this was Connell's first time to jump. It was great. Initially, I feel like I am out of control when jumping high but then I get used to it. Fiacra and I were often jumping on adjacent trampolines and he kept asking me to copy what he was doing, mainly so he could laugh when I wouldn't/couldn't.

Fiacra

Connell jumping with Finian

Ailbhe

Connell has moves!

We want to choose family fun activities that Finian can enjoy with us. He loved trampolining. Connell or I would go on with him and hold him in our arms and bounce, or support him standing and let him bounce himself. At one point he said to me, "I want to bounce all by self", I had to say that he couldn't, that Mum or Dad would help him. He got teary. I have been wondering when he would start to realize that he can't do things that other kids can.

We went straight from trampolining to Fiacra and Ailbhe's dentist appointments. They both had a check-up and cleaning. Ailbhe is usually well behaved and compliant at the dentist, and Fiacra, the complete opposite, but not today. Ailbhe went first and was resistant to everything. Fiacra was perfect until after he had swished with fluoride, and the hygienist mentioned that he shouldn't eat or drink for 30 minutes. It was 30 looooong minutes of non-stop complaining of how hungry and thirsty he was. It was actually surprisingly humorous, he was so over the top. Once we pulled into the driveway, Fiacra shot out of the van and into the house and was busy with a bowl of cereal when we got inside.

One small bit of bad news - Fiacra was playing a lot of lacrosse at school before Christmas and got hit in the mouth with a stick one day. I was called to go to the school because one of his front teeth seemed loose. I couldn't remember if that tooth was an adult tooth or still a baby tooth (bad parenting moment). My friend said that the adult teeth grow in with ridges along the top, and as this tooth was small with no ridges we figured it must be a baby tooth. Unfortunately not, an adult tooth with the top knocked off!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. Too bad about the tooth! Did it come out completely? Poor kid!

    Looks like you had lots of fun!

    See you soon!

    T :)

    ReplyDelete